Frequently Asked Questions
Question: What Sunday School Classes are available?
Answer: We have a variety of Sunday School Classes Available including:
- Nursery (birth - 18 mths)
- Preschool (19 mths - K)
- Children's 1 (1st & 2nd grade)
- Children's II (3rd & 4th grade)
- Children's III (5th & 6th grade)
- Youth (7th - 12th grade)
- Agape Class (Young People’s Class)
- Koininia Class (Couples/Singles Class)
- Two Adult Women's Classes
- Two Adult Men's Classes
Question: Is your building and services handicap accessible?
- We have handicap parking spaces
- We have an elevator
- Enter the back of the church on ground level
- When you see the hall with the stairs, the elevator is right beside the stairs
- The elevator will take you up to the Sanctuary
- The elevator will take you down to the Fellowship Hall
Question: How can I become involved in the Church?
Answer: We have many groups that you can become involved in.
1. You can become involved in the Woman's Missionary Union (WMU).
The WMU is a mission focused women's group which meets the first Wednesday after the first Sunday of each month. The WMU plans and carries out mission projects throughout the year.
2. You can become involved in the NC Baptist Men (Brotherhood).
The NC Baptist Men is a mission focused men's group which meets the first Wednesday after the first Sunday of each month. The NC Baptist Men hold quarterly prayer breakfasts and participate in periodic mission projects.
3. You can become involved in the Senior Adult Ministry (S.A.M.'s).
The S.A.M.'s go on regularly scheduled outings to various places of interest to enjoy fun and fellowship together.
4. You can become involved in our youth ministry.
Mission Friends for Children (Grades 1-6) meets each Wednesday evening at 7:00 PM.
Providence Youth (Grades 7-12) meets each Wednesday evening at 7:00 PM.
5. You could join the Choir.
We are always looking for more people to make a joyful noise to the Lord.
Question: How do I become a member of
Providence Baptist Church?
Answer: We're glad to have you as our guest at Providence Baptist Church (PBC). Being a part of a family brings joy and fulfillment. Those of us at PBC want you to be a vital part of our family. The following information is provided to assist you in joining our church.
Question: I want to join, but what do I do first?
Answer: Simply come at the end of one of our services and express your desire to become a member of PBC to our pastor at the front of the sanctuary. This time in our service is called “the invitation”.
Question: What kinds of questions will I be asked?
Answer: In order to join PBC, you must have put your faith in Jesus Christ by receiving Him as your Savior. The pastor will ask if you have ever made such a commitment. If you have not, he will explain to you how you can make this commitment. He will also ask if you have been baptized by immersion.
Question: Will I have to be baptized to become a member?
Answer: Not if you have committed your life to Christ and have been baptized by immersion in a church that has the same doctrinal beliefs as ours in regards to salvation and baptism. If you are unsure the pastor will be glad to help you determine if you need to be baptized.
Question: I am a member of another Southern Baptist
Church. Do I need to notify them that I am joining another church?
Answer: No. We will contact your former church, requesting that they transfer your membership to PBC.
Question: What if I have accepted Christ, been
Baptized by immersion, but I am coming from another denomination?
Answer: You may join PBC on your statement of faith and previous baptism. This means you are making a public statement to our church that you have accepted Christ as your Savior, and you have been baptized by immersion.